Dr. Rebarber is a board-certified Obstetrician / Gynecologist with subspecialty certification in Maternal Fetal Medicine. He completed his MFM fellowship training at Yale University and was a member of the New York University School of Medicine faculty where he served in numerous leadership positions prior to his current role.
Dr. Rebarber’s academic record includes several book chapters, over 85 peer review publications, and over 120 abstracts presented at national medical society meetings. He is a regular speaker on various perinatal issues regarding thrombophilias, pregnancy loss, prematurity, and multiple gestations. He has been recognized in both lay and professional forums as one of the leading physicians in his field and has appeared on numerous television and radio news programs to discuss a wide range of topics surrounding complications of pregnancy.
He specializes in invasive fetal diagnostic procedures (e.g. chorionic villous sampling, amniocentesis, and fetal cord blood sampling/transfusions), the impact of medical complications in pregnancy, 2D and 3D prenatal ultrasound and gynecologic sonography (including Saline Infusion Sonography procedures).
Dr. Rebarber was invited by The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), District II to assist in the production of an educational video as part of its Preventing Preterm Birth series. In this video, he discusses the utilization of fFN and Cerclage for the prediction and prevention of preterm birth.
- Board Certified in Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Board Certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Certified, Nuchal Translucency Assessment, Fetal Medicine Foundation
- Certified, Fetal Nasal Bone Assessment, Fetal Medicine Foundation
- AIUM Senior Member
PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Fellowship: Yale University School of Medicine
- Residency: Beth Israel Medical Center – New York, NY
- Internship: Beth Israel Medical Center – New York, NY
- Medical School: SUNY Health Science Center at Syracuse, cum laude
TEACHING & HOSPITAL APPOINTMENTS
- Clinical Professor, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York
- Clinical Assistant Professor, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Millions of patients each year rate their doctor on vitals.com. With these results along with other data, Vitals recognizes doctors who are providing excellent care and honors them with a variety awards ranging from compassionate to punctuality.
- Patients’ Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015-2018)
- Patients’ Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
For over 20 years, Castle Connolly, America’s trusted source for identifying Top Doctors, has named three of our Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialists on the New York Magazine New York’s Best doctor list. This collaboration between New York Magazine and Castle Connolly is a great honor as only the top 10% of Castle Connolly Top Doctors are eligible for this additional ranking.
- Top Doctors New York Metro Area (2013-2018)
- New York Magazine: Top Doctors (2013-2018)