Dr. Daniel Saltzman is a board-certified Obstetrician / Gynecologist with subspecialty certification in Maternal Fetal Medicine. He currently serves as a Clinical Professor at Mount Sinai School of Medicine in Manhattan and is a voluntary faculty member at New York University Medical School. He currently serves as a Clinical Professor at Mount Sinai School of Medicine.
He completed his MFM fellowship training at the Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School and has since held numerous leadership positions while serving on the faculty at Harvard Medical School, SUNY Stony Brook, and New York University.
He has been recognized with several awards as an authority in the field of high-risk obstetrics and has authored many publications, book reviews, and chapters have received NIH research grant funding and is a regular lecturer on perinatal issues.
Dr. Saltzman specializes in invasive fetal diagnostic procedures (e.g. chorionic villous sampling and amniocentesis), diabetes, and hypertensive disorders in pregnancy, advanced maternal age, multiple gestations, prenatal diagnostic testing and diagnostic ultrasound.
Leah & David – “I can’t believe I was able to make it to 36 weeks and have a natural delivery My husband and I are grateful to all of you for delivering three beautiful and healthy babies.”
- Board Certified in Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Board Certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Certified, Nuchal Translucency Assessment, Fetal Medicine Foundation
- Certified, Fetal Nasal Bone Assessment, Fetal Medicine Foundation
- Clinical Professor, Mt. Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York
PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Fellowship: Harvard Medical School
- Residency: George Washington University
- Internship: University of Wisconsin
- Medical School: University of Buffalo
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Millions of patients each year rate their doctor on vitals.com. With these results along with other data, Vitals recognizes doctors who are providing excellent care and honors them with a variety awards ranging from compassionate to punctuality.
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011- 2014)
- Patients’ Choice Award (2011-2014)
- On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
For over 20 years, Castle Connolly, America’s trusted source for identifying Top Doctors, has named three of our Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialists on the New York Magazine New York’s Best doctor list. This collaboration between New York Magazine and Castle Connolly is a great honor as only the top 10% of Castle Connolly Top Doctors are eligible for this additional ranking.
- Top Doctors New York Metro Area (2011-2018)
- New York Magazine: Top Doctors (2011, 2014, 2016, 2018)
- Bachelor of Science: SUNY – Stony Brook
Summary of Dr. Saltzman’s professional research publications and lecture