Maternal Fetal Medicine is a sub-specialty of obstetrics that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of expectant mothers and their unborn babies.
Maternal Fetal Medicine physicians specialize in providing care for women who are at high risk for problems during their pregnancies, but you may benefit from seeing one of these specialists even if you are experiencing a healthy pregnancy.To read more about high-risk pregnancy care, click here.
CONCERNS & TOPICS
- Who is considered high risk?
- What tests do maternal-fetal specialists offer?
- I’m having a normal pregnancy.
- Do I need these tests?
- What if results of the ultrasound are abnormal?
- How can you detect problems other than
- Chromosome abnormalities?
- How do I know if I’m at risk for pre-term birth?