Maternal Fetal Medicine & General OBGYN Physician
MFM Associates, a regional leader in women’s healthcare, is seeking both BC/BE OBGYN, and BC/BE MFM physicians to join its outstanding team.
The Practice is one of the most renown and clinically active OBGYN practices in the Metropolitan NY area with referrals from throughout the region. In addition to expert clinical care, MFMA is highly regarded for its extensive body of published peer reviewed research, as well as its commitment to the education of physicians in training.
MFMA and its affiliate, Carnegie Imaging for Women, is currently staffed by 8 MFM specialists and 5 OBGYN generalists who work with a large and highly skilled support team.
Successful general OBGYN candidates will provide prenatal care and deliveries (both normal and high risk), well-women’s GYN care, and gynecologic surgery in the Practice’s Upper East Side location. Inpatient services are based at The Mount Sinai Hospital, which has been ranked 16th in the Nation by US News and World Report “Best Hospitals” guidebook.
The MFM position(s) involves a combination of prenatal care and deliveries, MFM consultations, prenatal diagnosis and OBGYN ultrasound.
We encourage applications from qualified candidates who are excited about living and working in Manhattan as part of a leading edge professional team.
Registered Nurse needed for a prestigious Maternal Fetal Medicine practice located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. Under general supervision, provides professional nursing services through education and patient care in the office setting. Follows established nursing process, including patient assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation. Assists providers and staff in coordinating patient care. Functions as a primary liaison between patients, staff, and providers.
• Triages and responds to all patient phone calls in the practice.
• Calls patient prescriptions into pharmacies as required.
• Assures that results for all outgoing laboratory tests are received in the practice in a timely fashion.
• Screens incoming lab results-reports abnormal values to physicians and confirms that they are responded to appropriately.
• Assess the physical and psychosocial needs of patients and makes appropriate nursing interventions, assists physicians and health care practitioners with examinations, treatments, and other procedures.
• Educates and counsels patients on procedures, medical care, and sensitive health issues, including need for follow-up; provides informational literature and makes referrals to mental health, social services, and other agencies as needed.
• Possession of a NY license as a Registered Nurse.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an OBGYN setting with Maternal Fetal Medicine experience is a plus.
• Knowledge of OBGYN nursing principles and practice.
• Knowledge of medications and treatments.